The other night, my daughter was bouncing off the walls from eating sugar - she couldn't concentrate on anything for very long... This got me thinking - Is there really such a thing as ADHD? Is there a Natural Remedy for ADHD?
Natural Remedies For ADHD - Awesome Learning Games For Kids:
Over 5 million children have been diagnosed with the condition.
But are all just being fed sugar and chips and junk food?
With peppermint flavored Prozak and other mind-altering drugs being given to children with side effects of aggression it is no wonder parents are looking for answers.
Who knows if ADHD is a real condition? Apparently it was voted as a condition by a bunch of people in a room who raised their hand and stamped ADHD into the official book of mental illnesses (Some people are questioning it's authenticity - as per this article: Is ADHD a Fictional Disease?)
What we do know is that Kids have been proven to learn from some great Apps and through Learning games. We have tested many of them on our site.
The truth is that kids have lower test scores than they did decades ago, and with the increase in technology, kids should be getting much smarter. So there is a contrary fact. Why are average test scores going down? I think this video explains it quite well:
What's a Paradigm? a 'paradigm' is a way of thinking:
This is a great video on changing educational Paradigms:
"The percent of children estimated to have ADHD has changed over time. A historical view provides the necessary context to understand changes in what we know about ADHD, including estimates of the rates of ADHD across time, changes in diagnostic criteria, and medication treatment.
"Recent data from surveys of parents indicate that:
- Parents report that approximately 9.5% of children 4-17 years of age (5.4 million) have been diagnosed with ADHD as of 2007.
- The percentage of children with a parent-reported ADHD diagnosis increased by 22% between 2003 and 2007.
- Rates of ADHD diagnosis increased an average of 3% per year from 1997 to 2006 [Read article ] and an average of 5.5% per year from 2003 to 2007.
- Boys (13.2%) were more likely than girls (5.6%) to have ever been diagnosed with ADHD.
- Rates of ADHD diagnosis increased at a greater rate among older teens as compared to younger children.
- The highest rates of parent-reported ADHD diagnosis were noted among children covered by Medicaid and multiracial children.
- Prevalence of parent-reported ADHD diagnosis varied substantially by state, from a low of 5.6% in Nevada to a high of 15.6% in North Carolina."
Natural Remedy for ADHD: About the cost of a cup of coffee...
Is your child's education worth the cost of a cup of coffee to you? Of course it is.
Did you know that 500 new apps for the iPhone and iPad are released every day? We have found the majority of them are poor quality. However, there are numerous apps that are great and very educational!
We only list the best apps (that are educational) and do not list apps that are simply games, unless they have educational value.
We have found that some apps are so good, that combined they can give your child the equivalent education to a university degree! No kidding!
However, we realize that you don’t want to sort through 500 apps per day in order to find the right apps for your kids. We do this for you! We review many apps and only recommend the best of the best! The apps we have found are worth every penny and worthy of your time. Many of them are even free, but nonetheless worth every minute of you or your kids time.
Your time is very valuable and your kid’s future depends on the education he or she receives right now. Apple has made a commitment to education, but it is in the quality of the apps that we have found that that commitment is realized.
Sign up here for Free and get our weekly Newsletter plus our App recommendation.
We have proven that we can make kids smarter through the use of Educational Apps.
What are your thoughts regarding ADHD?